Our 'making storytime magical' mission
To encourage children to read more at home, by ‘making storytime magical.’
Personalised books make children feel extra special, when they receive the book and every time they read it. Let’s make reading fun and start a reading revolution.
It only takes one book to get a child hooked on reading!
There are many benefits of reading for children
- Developing creative skills, imagination, and curiosity;
- Performing better academically;
- Improved concentration;
- Gaining a deeper understanding of the world.
Research by the Department for Education found that:
- Reading enjoyment has been reported as more important for children’s educational success than their family’s socio-economic status (OECD, 2002).
- There is a positive link between positive attitudes towards reading and scoring well on reading assessments (Twist et al, 2007).
- Evidence suggests that reading for pleasure is an activity that has emotional and social consequences (Clark and Rumbold, 2006).
- In 2010, 22% of children said they enjoyed reading very much; 27% said they enjoyed it quite a lot; 39% said they enjoyed it quite a bit, and 12% reported that they did not enjoy reading at all (Clark 2011).
- Comparing against international evidence, children in England report less frequent reading for pleasure outside of school than children in many other countries (Twist et al, 2007).
So please join us in our mission to encourage children to read more at home, by making storytime magical.